Give to the Department of English
Thank you for your interest in making a gift to the Department of English. The generous support and continued involvement of our alumni and friends allow us to sustain a high level of quality in our teaching, research, and service.
With your help, we can award scholarships to outstanding students, enable students to attend academic conferences, fund student publications, support the activities of our Sigma Tau Delta honor society, and sustain our wide variety of stimulating programming and community outreach programs.
Whether your gift is large or small, your support is deeply meaningful to us. Thank you for your consideration.
How to Give
Giving is quick, easy, and secure:
- Open the University’s online giving page.
- Under “Where would you like your gift directed?” select “Other.”
- Under “Account,” select “Other.”
- Skip “Donation Code.”
- In the first text box, enter the destination fund for your gift. If you wish to make a general donation to the Department, enter “Department of English Gift Fund" in this box. You may alternatively elect to contribute to any of the following memorial funds:
- "Department of English-Carolyn P. Handa Memorial Scholarship"
- "Department of English-Elizabeth Meese Endowed Scholarship"
- "Department of English-Robert Young Memorial Lecture Fund"
- Complete the remainder of the form, and then submit your information. You’ll be directed to the payment page.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss other giving opportunities, please call or email Joel Brouwer, Department Chair: 205-348-5065, email@example.com.