Give to the Department of English
Thank you for your interest in making a gift to the Department of English. The generous support and continued involvement of our alumni and friends allow us to sustain a high level of quality in our teaching, research, and service.
With your help, we can award scholarships to outstanding students, enable students to attend academic conferences, fund student publications, support the activities of our Sigma Tau Delta honor society, and sustain our wide variety of stimulating programming and community outreach programs.
Whether your gift is large or small, your support is deeply meaningful to us. Thank you for your consideration.
How to Give
Giving is quick, easy, and secure:
- Open the University’s online giving page.
- In the "Find your fund" search box, you can locate the general "English Department Gift Fund" to help us fund our most urgent needs.
Or you can search for one of our specific funds, including
- The "Carolyn P. Handa Memorial Endowed Scholarship"
- The "Creative Writing Support Fund"
- The "Elizabeth Meese Award in Creative Non-Fiction"
- The "Hudson Strode Trust Fund"
- The "Robert Milton Young Memorial Lecture in African Amer. Literary & Cultural Theory"
- Complete the remainder of the form, and then submit your information. You’ll be directed to the payment page. There’s also an option to share your gift on social media.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss other giving opportunities, please call or email Joel Brouwer, Department Chair: 205-348-5065, firstname.lastname@example.org.