MFA Reading Series
Each MFA student is required to give a public reading before graduating with a degree from the University of Alabama's MFA Creative Writing Program. The MFA Reading Series is a student-run, well-attended celebration of the writer at work. That which had been so lovingly crafted and revised is now public art.
Other readings on campus or around town in which current MFAs, XFAs, instructors, faculty and local writers participate include the Slash Pine Press poetry festival each April (main website / on Facebook / on Twitter) and the Pure Products Reading and Lecture Series throughout the year (on Facebook).
2016-2017 Schedule of MFA Student Readings
- Fri Oct 14: Kayleb Candrilli + Rebecca Brown (Sella-Granata Art Gallery, 109 Woods Hall, 7:30 p.m.)
- Fri Nov 4: First-Year Reading (Sella-Granata Art Gallery, 109 Woods Hall, 4:30 p.m.)
- Fri Jan 13: Andrew Stevens + Joseph Lucido (Sella-Granata Art Gallery, 109 Woods Hall, 4:30 p.m.)
- Fri Feb 3: Diamond Forde + Jordan Scott (The Pink House, 2016 9th St, 7:30 p.m.)
- Fri Feb 17: Daniel Myers + Andreas Britz (4A Country Club Hills, 7:30 p.m.)
- Fri March 3: Elizabeth Theriot + Emily Coon (Sella-Granata Art Gallery, 7:30 p.m.)
- Thurs March 23: Maggie Nye Smith + Luke Percy (Loosa Brews, 412 20th Ave, 6:30 p.m.)
- Wed March 29: Aleah Goldin + Gail Aronson (The Pink House, 2016 9th St, 7:00 p.m.)
- Fri April 7: Chase Burke + Sammi Bryan (Sella-Granata Art Gallery, 109 Woods Hall, 7:30 p.m.)
- Sat. April 15: Riley Bingham + Shelley Feller (Green Bar, 2209 4th St, 7:00 p.m.)
- Fri April 21: Bronwyn Valentine + Chrisanthi Tsingos (Morgan Hall Rm 301, 4:30 p.m.)