- MA, Creative Writing and English Literature, Syracuse University, 1993
- BA, Liberal Arts, Sarah Lawrence College, 1990
- Creative Writing
Professor Joel Brouwer is Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs in the Office for Academic Affairs. He was Chair of the Department of English from 2014-2019. He teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in creative writing and criticism. He is a graduate of Sarah Lawrence College and Syracuse University, and has held fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Wisconsin Institute for Creative Writing, the Mrs. Giles Whiting Foundation, and the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation.
- Off Message. New York: Four Way Books, 2016.
- And So. New York: Four Way Books, 2009.
- Centuries. New York: Four Way Books, 2003.
- Exactly What Happened. West Lafayette, Indiana: Purdue University Press, 1999.
- Flag Factory. New York: Artichoke Yink Press, forthcoming.
- Snow. New York: Salamandra Editions, forthcoming.
- Lt. Shrapnel. New York: Artichoke Yink Press, 2002.
- Think of It This Way. Tuscaloosa, Alabama: Fame or Shame Press, 2000.
- This Just In. Los Angeles: Beyond Baroque Books, 1998
Published in 32 Poems, AGNI, Alaska Quarterly Review, America, American Poetry Review, Chelsea, Circumference, Cortland Review, Crab Orchard Review, Crazyhorse, DIAGRAM, Georgia Review, Gettysburg Review, Gulf Coast, Iowa Review, The Journal, Massachusetts Review, Northwest Review, Paris Review, Pleiades, Ploughshares, Poetry, POOL, Post Road, The Progressive, The Prose Poem, Southwest Review, Tin House, Western Humanities Review, Witness, et al.
Published in AGNI, Boston Review, Parnassus: Poetry in Review, Poetry, et al.
Published in Boston Review, Harvard Review, New York Times Book Review, Poetry, The Progressive et al.