- Ph.D., English, State University of New York at Albany, 2015
- M.F.A., Creative Writing, Iowa State University, 2009
- M.A., English, James Madison University, 2007
- B.A., English/American Studies, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, 2001
- Creative Writing
- Contemporary American Literature
Brian is a Full-Time Instructor in the English Department at the University of Alabama, where he teaches creative writing, first-year writing, and American Literature.
His work has appeared in The Southern Review, Creative Nonfiction, North American Review, and elsewhere, and his debut book, Semiotic Love [Stories], will be published by Awst Press in 2021.
Brian emcees the “[Name This] Open Mic Series,” which showcases work written by undergraduate creative writers at UA. He also served as “Special Features” Editor for the literary journal Quarterly West and has taught writing workshops in public libraries.