- PhD, Applied Linguistics, Pennsylvania State University, 2015
- MA, Rhetoric and Composition, Washington State University
- Linguistics and TESOL
Dorothy Worden earned her PhD in applied linguistics from Penn State in 2015 and her MA in rhetoric and composition from Washington State University in 2008. Her research focuses on multilingual writing pedagogy and second language teacher cognition and learning.
- Worden, D. (2018). Mediation and development of a novice L2 writing teacher’s pedagogical content knowledge of genre. Journal of English for Academic Purposes, 34. 12-27. doi:10.1016/j.jeap.2018.02.005
- Worden, D. (2015). Developing writing concepts for teaching purposes: Preservice L2 writing teachers’ developing conceptual understanding of parallelism. Journal of Second Language Writing 30. 19-30. doi: 10.1016/j.jslw.2015.08.001
- Worden, D. (2015). The development of content knowledge through teaching practice. Ilha do desterro: A journal of language, literatures in English and cultural studies 68(1). doi: 10.5007/2175-8026.2015v68n1p105
- Worden, D., Schreiber, B. R., Kurtz, L., Kaczmarek, M., & Lee, E. (2015). Collaborative power: Graduate students creating and implementing faculty development workshops on multilingual writing pedagogy. Teaching/Writing: The Journal of Writing Teacher Education 4(1). Available from http://scholarworks.wmich.edu/wte/
- Johnson, K. E. & Worden, D. (2014). Cognitive/emotional dissonance as potential growth points in learning to teach. Language and Sociocultural Theory. doi:10.1558/lst.v1i2.125.
- Worden, D. L. (2009). Finding process in product: Prewriting and revision in timed essay responses. Assessing Writing, 14(3), 157-177. doi:10.1016/j.asw.2009.09.003