Coordinator, Applied Linguistics/TESOL Program
- (205) 348-2495
- 212 English Building
- PhD, Applied Linguistics, Pennsylvania State University, 2015
- MA, Rhetoric and Composition, Washington State University
- Linguistics and TESOL
- Composition and Rhetoric
Dorothy Worden-Chambers earned her PhD in applied linguistics from Penn State in 2015 and her MA in rhetoric and composition from Washington State University in 2008. Her research focuses on multilingual writing pedagogy and second language teacher cognition and learning.
- Worden-Chambers, D. & *Montgomery, A. S. (in press). How writing teachers’ beliefs about learning transfer impact their teaching practices: A case from L2 academic writing. WPA: Writing Program Administration
- Worden-Chambers, D. & Dayton, A. E. (2021). “I know it’s going to affect my teaching”: What emerging teachers learn through tutoring writing. WPA: Writing Program Administration 45(1), 110-130.
- Worden-Chambers, D. (2020). The role of conceptual metaphors in novice teachers’ developing curricular knowledge: A case from second language writing. Teacher Development, 24(2), 184-203. doi:10.1080/13664530.2020.1743350
- Worden-Chambers, D., & Horton, A. E. (2020). Becoming multilingual, becoming a teacher: Narrating new identities in multilingual writing teacher education. Composition Forum, 45. https://compositionforum.com/issue/45/multilingual.php
- Worden, D. (2019). Developing L2 writing teachers’ pedagogical content knowledge of genre through the unfamiliar genre project. Journal of Second Language Writing, 46, 1-12. doi:10.1016/j.jslw.2019.100667
- Schreiber, B. R., & Worden, D. (2019). “Nameless, Faceless People”: How Other Teachers’ Expectations Influence our Pedagogy. Composition Studies, 47(1), 57–72.
- Worden, D. (2018). Balancing stability and flexibility in genre-based writing instruction: A case study of a novice L2 writing teacher. Journal of Second Language Writing, 42, 44–57. doi:10.1016/j.jslw.2018.09.003
- Worden, D. (2018). Mediation and development of a novice L2 writing teacher’s pedagogical content knowledge of genre. Journal of English for Academic Purposes, 34. 12-27. doi:10.1016/j.jeap.2018.02.005
- Worden, D. (2015). Developing writing concepts for teaching purposes: Preservice L2 writing teachers’ developing conceptual understanding of parallelism. Journal of Second Language Writing 30. 19-30. doi: 10.1016/j.jslw.2015.08.001
- Worden, D. (2015). The development of content knowledge through teaching practice. Ilha do desterro: A journal of language, literatures in English and cultural studies 68(1). doi: 10.5007/2175-8026.2015v68n1p105
- Worden, D., Schreiber, B. R., Kurtz, L., Kaczmarek, M., & Lee, E. (2015). Collaborative power: Graduate students creating and implementing faculty development workshops on multilingual writing pedagogy. Teaching/Writing: The Journal of Writing Teacher Education 4(1). Available from http://scholarworks.wmich.edu/wte/
- Johnson, K. E. & Worden, D. (2014). Cognitive/emotional dissonance as potential growth points in learning to teach. Language and Sociocultural Theory. doi:10.1558/lst.v1i2.125.