- This event has passed.
Hali Felt Masterclass: Selling Your Work, Pt. 1
November 15, 2018 @ 4:30 pm - 5:45 pmFree and Open to the Public
Making Money (Is Not Selling Out), Part I:
How to Convince Editors and Agents to Buy Your Prose
This masterclass is for you if you want to learn how to pitch stories to magazine editors and/or write a book project query letter to find an agent. We’ll cover:
- The basic structure of each type of document (including examples).
- How to find publications and agents that are a good fit for your work.
- Researching how much publications pay and asking for what you deserve.
- What to do when an editor or agent says yes.
- And your burning questions!
The second part of this class will focus on writing book proposals, and get deeper into the process of selling book projects.
Free and Open to the Public